Thursday, August 21, 2008

Contractions kicked in

8/21/08 1:27 AM
Contractions have started. They came in out of the blue. Or may be I triggered those. I am known to have 'Kaali Jabaan'. Minal and I had a bet on a bollywood song which she won and started doing her dance moves. This was at about 11:30 pm and I said ' Don't dance too much; it might induce labor'. It was a few months ago at a local Pizzeria that she had felt what she thought was a contraction. But it was too early. Since then she had not even felt any Braxton Hicks. And right after midnight her contractions started. At first they were 6 minutes apart and lasted only a few seconds. Then she had a little bit of blood in her urine and sure I called the doctor to find out if it was normal. It is.

Contractions are now lasting longer (about 40 seconds) but frequency seems to be decreasing. Now they are about 12 minutes apart. We will be watching those and hopefully Minal can get some sleep and get through the night. I hope the intensity increases only after day light. I will be working from home.

Here comes another one - 7 minutes after the last one. But this one was short (~30 seconds) and not that intense. So may be we can get through the night.

No comments: